American Revolution Comprehensive Unit: Interactive Slides, Student Questions, & Primary Source
Also included in:
Teach your students about the American Revolution and the events that led to the American Revolution (e.g., Stamp Act, Tea Act, Boston Massacre, Boston Tea Party). This PPT and Google Slides presentation includes slides on the major American Revolution battles including Lexington and Concord, Battle of Bunker Hill, Battle of Saratoga, Siege of Yorktown, and more), and it includes a primary source activity and guided notes with questions for students.
This a a great PowerPoint (or Google Slides) you can use to present to your class or give to them to study on their own. The design is professional and minimal (i.e. NO death by PowerPoint). The content is very detailed in the notes, so if you are busy, you can simply open the slides in front of the class and read the notes. Otherwise, you can make changes to the PPT, if you deem it necessary. This presentation can be used in Microsoft PowerPoint or Google Slides (if you want to use Google Slides, you will need to upload the file to your Google Slides or Google Docs).
Content in PPT includes:
- Detailed timeline (1754-1800)
- Warm up / Discussion slide
- Long-term origins of American Revolution
- Short-term causes of the American Revolution
- Sugar Act
- Currency Act
- Stamp Act (and repeal)
- Declaratory Act
- Townshend Acts
- Colonial resistance
- Tea Act and Boston Tea Party
- Coercive Act (Intolerable Act)
- First Continental Congress
- American Revolution
- Lexington and Concord
- Battle of Bunker Hill
- Battle of Saratoga
- Siege of Yorktown
- Consequences of American Revolution
- and more!
This PPT follows standard American history textbooks.
How to use this product:
- Present the PowerPoint (or Google Slides) in the classroom
- Present the Google Slides via Zoom (if distance learning)
- Present and discuss – while presenting, get students involved and create discussion questions that get students thinking like a historian and comparing historical events to current events
- Print presentation with notes and let students read the slides
- Have students view the slides and they present the material in groups
8th, 9th, 10th
Full Units, Homeschool, PowerPoints, Google Slides
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.