Thomas Jefferson’s Presidency Comprehensive Unit: Interactive Slides, Student Questions, & Primary Source
Also included in:
PowerPoint (or Google Slides) plus primary source activity on the early republic of the United States under the leadership of Thomas Jefferson. This PPT goes into great detail about Jeffersonian Republicanism.
This a a great PowerPoint (or Google Slides) you can use to present to your class or give to them to study on their own. The design is professional and minimal (i.e. NO death by PowerPoint). The content is very detailed in the notes, so if you are busy, you can simply open the slides in front of the class and read the notes. Otherwise, you can make changes to the PPT, if you deem it necessary. This presentation can be used in Microsoft PowerPoint or Google Slides (if you want to use Google Slides, just click the link on the provided file).
Content in PPT includes:
- Slavery in the early 1800s
- Haitian Revolution and its effects on the United States
- Jeffersonian Republicanism
- Louisiana Purchase
- Embargo Act
- and more!
This presentation concentrates on the presidency of Thomas Jefferson, the third president of the United States. It covers the state of slavery in the 1800s and how the Haitian Revolution put fear into the Americans living in the south. It also shows how Thomas Jefferson, a Democratic-Republican (or Jeffersonian Republican), believed in states rights and a small Federal Government. However, it under his leadership, he actually expanded the scope of government with the purchase of the Louisiana and Embargo Act.
This PPT follows standard American history textbooks.
How to use this product:
- Present the PowerPoint (or Google Slides) in the classroom
- Present the Google Slides via Zoom (if distance learning)
- Present and discuss – while presenting, get students involved and create discussion questions that get students thinking like a historian and comparing historical events to current events. Some discussion questions are included in some of the slides.
- Print presentation with notes and let students read the slides
- Have students view the slides, and they present the material in groups
8th, 9th, 10th
Full Units, Homeschool, PowerPoints, Google Slides
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.