Late 1800s America PowerPoints (Google Slides) | Gilded Age to American Empire
Four PowerPoints (or Google Slides) covering periods in American history from the Gilded Age to the Wild West to the American Empire (around 1860s to early 1900s).
Each PowerPoint comes with a primary source activity with questions for students to answer. It also includes questions for students to answer while you are presenting the PPTs.
PowerPoints in this bundle include:
Capital and Labor
The Wild West
Life in Industrial America
American Empire (Imperialism)
These presentations touch on all of the above topics and adds more detail. Students will understand what the United States was like in post-Civil War America and how it developed going into the 20th century.
Files included with each lesson:
• Editable PowerPoint (Google Slides option available)
• Primary Source PDF (Google Drive option available) with questions for students
• Student Study Guide Notes (print for students or load to LMS)
– Students fill in this document during (and after) the presentation
• Teacher Guide PDF (print one copy for you)
This PPT works with traditional American history textbooks.
How to use these presentation:
- Present the PowerPoint (or Google Slides) in the classroom
- If using Google Slides, click the link provided and copy the slides into your Google Docs (very easy)
- Present the Google Slides via Zoom (if distance learning)
- Present and discuss – while presenting, get students involved and create discussion questions that get students thinking like a historian and comparing historical events to current events
- Print presentation with notes and let students read the slides (and notes)
- Alternatively: have students view the slides, and they present the material in groups
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.